The internet has greatly shaped the way people act today. That concerns personal and business. The virtual environment granted us an access to absolutely new business niche. Today the majority of companies, be they small or big, use internet to market and sell the products and services. Statistics shows that the digital marketing campaigns are better to put money in than in regular advertising campaigns.
One of the fundamental pillars of marketing the products online and promoting the business brand has become copywriting. Be it a blog post, a commercial copy or a landing page, the copywriting plays the key role to reach the audience.
For what Purposes You Need to Write
That is a key question to be answered before the copywriting is executed. Basically, copywriting is needed for two types entities:
- independent bloggers and people who wish to share their experience online.
- to business entities no matter the size. So, today understanding how to write is equally useful for people who need to ensure digital marketing campaigns as well as for those who want simply to express their thoughts online.
How to Do It
Companies usually allocate some part of marketing budget to hire a professional copywriter to craft a copy. It is a wise approach. Copywriting is a science of writing by itself. It requires a person who does it to have a special touch and understanding how to present the information. Independent bloggers also need copywriting skills to develop attractive content and to structure it in the right manner. Here are some basic copywriting definitions everyone writing a copy should consider thinking of:
- A topic. The key topics should be informative and easy to comprehend. It is good to remember that the lexis for the post theme should be selected according to the audience. There is no point in explaining the idea in complicated words to 15 years old audience. At the same time, a business copy should have a title that contains business lexis.
- Short paragraphs. The idea should be made clear in a paragraphs of 4-5 lines. It is good to make the paragraphs consistent. So, that each next paragraph has more or less the same length. This will make the reader adapt to the writing style and the article will be more easy to read.
- Clear ideas. The more valuable is an idea, the simpler it is. So, it is important to express the ideas in simple terms and to avoid sentences that do not bring a value. The readers are more attracted by the articles that contain concrete information.
- Visual presentation of the information. Readers perceive not only words. They also analyze the information that is presented on photos, in videos and other types of visual materials. Understanding information presented on visuals is easy and less time-consuming.
- Write in personal style. It particularly concerns individual bloggers. The more unique a writing style is, the better it is. Today there is much information online. So, the readers are interested not only in the information by itself but also in a way it is presented. So, there’s a chance to attract the audience only if your writing style is different from the others.
- Express yourself in writing, as if it is in oral communication. Writing requires efforts and there is a need to put it into it. So, is it important not to cut sentences or use abbreviations. The more clearer the thought is explained the better it is.
How to Develop an Idea in an Understandable Way
There are many people, who are full of ideas, but it is hard for them to present them. The ideas should be stated in an article in the way the key thought is clearly understandable. Here are some rules to follow.
- Form one key sentence that perfectly explains the idea. Make this sentence clear and straightforward. Again, pay attention to the audience and avoid using too complicated words if you write for the audience, who does not use such type of vocabulary on the common basis.
- Think on what formulations in your sentence may be hard to understand for the others. These can be concepts, ideas, words by themselves. Take into account the audience you write for.
- Write additional sentences on the concepts that, to your mind, require more detalization. If there are several concepts to be explained, it is good to prepare a bullet points list.
- Build the structure of the text. The very first impression the reader has of the text is its structure. So, the post has to look structured and be clearly divided into paragraphs. Without it, it will be hard to attract the reader’s attention. It is good to add several more paragraphs into the body of the text. It will keep the text more consistent and make it look easy to read.
- Make the text memorable. It is good to add some associations, the writer has about the idea he explains. It will help to the others to understand what is told. In personal blog posts it is good to add metaphors.
- Explain why your idea is right. The arguments make any idea more trustworthy. It is very important to add information that proves that your thought is correct. It will help the readers to believe and support your idea.
- Add several lines for a conclusion. In the text there should be always a line or two that summarizes the idea. It is good to add it in the very bottom of the text. Once the post has to motivate the readers to do something, the very last sentences has to accomplish the role of the key motivator. The research shows that the very last sentences are always very memorable for the readers.
Copywriting is necessary today both for the individuals and for the enterprises. It is a valuable skill that needs to be learnt by everyone, who wants to succeed in today’s digitalized world.