The necessity to supply information in a consistent manner to the shareholders is the ultimate need for every business. The larger communication flow is realized by the company, the higher is the chance of attracting the clients’ attention. Business entities in modern era need not only to create an innovative product, as the good by itself is not a key element of a competitive advantage. Other elements of marketing mix have larger impact on how the customers take purchasing decision. Promotion in this sense is a crucial element of the classic 4Ps.
Now, the way a promotion is perceived today has changed a lot with the exponential growth of Content Marketing. Customers do not buy products or services anymore for its unique features. The offer on the market is so huge, that they can find substitutes. What makes people buy the product is their attitude to the brand, ability to share the key corporate values of the company. There are several ways on how to form a right connection with a brand:
- Raise the brand awareness. Brand awareness stands not only for recognition of the company by potential customers. The ability of customers to tie to the brand and get a clear image of the company when they see its logo is what is a modern perception of brand awareness.
- Include the potential customer into the life of your enterprise. The clients need to feel they know what is happening inside the company. The possibility to get informative news pieces on current corporate affairs make the clients feel trust to a specific company. The company that supplies news to the shareholders will get a good market share in long-term.
- Engage with the clients. The companies have to make a client understand that the firm is present in his or her daily life. The best, in this sense, is to organize special promotional campaigns for the Holidays seasons, deliver congratulation cards for Birthdays… The emotional connection established with the customer may make him take a purchasing decision at the end of the day.
Connecting with a client is a very effective method to attract the client’s attention and establish the right relationships.
The Diversity Of Corporate Content
Some entrepreneurs perceive the online content as only the chance to advertise the product or a service. Today sales can be achieved not only by a careful presentation of the good to the potential client. Much can be achieved by engaging with a client into a constant sharing of information. The content the company publishes on the website or blog should tackle the range of various topics:
- Industry news. The company that supplies information about the industry is the company that evokes trust. The competent overview of the industry testifies that a business entity is surveilling the sector and estimates the risks that may occur if something goes wrong.
- Innovations. Innovative solution change not only the way we live. It also changes the needs we have and the way we can satisfy them. The shareholders need to see that a firm follows modern trends and keeps a track of the changes that happen in society.
- CSR projects. A business that wants to develop has to work on CSR campaigns. The responsibility on shaping life of the society should become the basis for any business activity. Socially responsible business has costs of putting finance in its CSR campaigns but it earns trust, appreciation and support from shareholders.
- Information on internal policies. Share with the virtual community some of the internal policies that prove your company is well-managed. People trust better the companies that they understand are better managed.
- Information about the best employees. Deliver to the shareholders the information about your employees to show the value the company has in its people. Showing a strong connection between a firm and its employees helps to improve corporate image and shows that the company cares truly about its human resources.
Content the company publishes should be overwhelming, showing the spectrum of all the activities the company undertakes, as well as to interact with the shareholders.
Is A Content Key For Sales?!
The question may raise logically after reading this article. There is no direct connection between the quantity and quality of content the company publishes and the number of sales the firm gets at the end of the month. This is a traditional view on business. The content that is delivered to a customer has impact on its decision-making in many different ways in long-term. The relation between the people who read corporate articles and make the final purchases may not be in the ratio 1:1, but still there is a tendency to grow the number of sales by delivering a right content using Content Marketing.
Talk to the potential client as you would like to talk to a friend. That means talk to him or her frequently. The frequency matters to establish any type of relationships, business ones included. Delivering the information consistently to the shareholder makes the potential clients get better acquainted with the work of the company, better perceive its value and those clients take the purchasing decisions quicker. The distribution channels for a corporate information are diverse and ultimately cheap. The emails, social media channels, blogs, podcasts and Youtube channel allow to reach the potential shareholders daily and quickly.
The company that wants to win the business race in long-term needs to engage into Content Marketing activities for the good of the enterprise. There is a clear need to assign Content Marketing tasks to a specific person or a group of professionals who will handle the communication flow efficiently. Businesses in these days do not sell goods, they often sell memories, perceptions, relationships, emotions. Establishment of emotional connection with the client has plenty of benefits for a corporate growth. It allows to talk to clients in a new way and to deliver certain messages that will form the ultimate client’s loyalty.