The necessity to supply information in a consistent manner to the shareholders is the ultimate need for every business. The larger communication flow is realized by the company, the higher is the chance of attracting the clients’ attention.
Business entities in modern era need not only to create an innovative product, as the good by itself is not a key element of a competitive advantage. Other elements of marketing mix have larger impact on how the customers take purchasing decision. Promotion in this sense is a crucial element of the classic 4Ps.
Now, the way a promotion is perceived today has changed a lot with the exponential growth of Content Marketing. Customers do not buy products or services anymore for its unique features. The offer on the market is so huge, that they can find substitutes. What makes people buy the product is their attitude to the brand, ability to share the key corporate values of the company. There are several ways on how to form a right connection with a brand:
- Raise the brand awareness. Brand awareness stands not only for recognition of the company by potential customers. The ability of customers to tie to the brand and get a clear image of the company when they see its logo is what is a modern perception of brand awareness.
- Include the potential customer into the life of your enterprise. The clients need to feel they know what is happening inside the company. The possibility to get informative news pieces on current corporate affairs make the clients feel trust to a specific company. The company that supplies news to the shareholders will get a good market share in long-term.
- Engage with the clients. The companies have to make a client understand that the firm is present in his or her daily life. The best, in this sense, is to organize special promotional campaigns for the Holidays seasons, deliver congratulation cards for Birthdays… The emotional connection established with the customer may make him take a purchasing decision at the end of the day.
Connecting with a client is a very effective method to attract the client’s attention and establish the right relationships.
The Diversity Of Corporate Content
Some entrepreneurs perceive the online content as only the chance to advertise the product or a service. Today sales can be achieved not only by a careful presentation of the good to the potential client. Much can be achieved by engaging with a client into a constant sharing of information. The content the company publishes on the website or blog should tackle the range of various topics:
- Industry news. The company that supplies information about the industry is the company that evokes trust. The competent overview of the industry testifies that a business entity is surveilling the sector and estimates the risks that may occur if something goes wrong.
- Innovations. Innovative solution change not only the way we live. It also changes the needs we have and the way we can satisfy them. The shareholders need to see that a firm follows modern trends and keeps a track of the changes that happen in society.
- CSR projects. A business that wants to develop has to work on CSR campaigns. The responsibility on shaping life of the society should become the basis for any business activity. Socially responsible business has costs of putting finance in its CSR campaigns but it earns trust, appreciation and support from shareholders.
- Information on internal policies. Share with the virtual community some of the internal policies that prove your company is well-managed. People trust better the companies that they understand are better managed.
- Information about the best employees. Deliver to the shareholders the information about your employees to show the value the company has in its people. Showing a strong connection between a firm and its employees helps to improve corporate image and shows that the company cares truly about its human resources.
Content the company publishes should be overwhelming, showing the spectrum of all the activities the company undertakes, as well as to interact with the shareholders.
Is A Content Key For Sales?!
The question may raise logically after reading this article. There is no direct connection between the quantity and quality of content the company publishes and the number of sales the firm gets at the end of the month. This is a traditional view on business.
The content that is delivered to a customer has impact on its decision-making in many different ways in long-term. The relation between the people who read corporate articles and make the final purchases may not be in the ratio 1:1, but still there is a tendency to grow the number of sales by delivering a right content using Content Marketing.
Talk to the potential client as you would like to talk to a friend. That means talk to him or her frequently. The frequency matters to establish any type of relationships, business ones included.
Delivering the information consistently to the shareholder makes the potential clients get better acquainted with the work of the company, better perceive its value and those clients take the purchasing decisions quicker.
The distribution channels for a corporate information are diverse and ultimately cheap. The emails, social media channels, blogs, podcasts and Youtube channel allow to reach the potential shareholders daily and quickly.
The company that wants to win the business race in long-term needs to engage into Content Marketing activities for the good of the enterprise. There is a clear need to assign Content Marketing tasks to a specific person or a group of professionals who will handle the communication flow efficiently.
Businesses in these days do not sell goods, they often sell memories, perceptions, relationships, emotions. Establishment of emotional connection with the client has plenty of benefits for a corporate growth. It allows to talk to clients in a new way and to deliver certain messages that will form the ultimate client’s loyalty.
The phenomenon of clients loyalty became the subject of discussion across many academic and business disciplines. The companies pay attention to the logics of formation of customers loyalty and its further impact on purchasing decisions.
There is definitely a psychological mechanism that lies beyond the formation of this unique feeling of belonging. Customers loyalty is not easy to form. It requires from a company many efforts and the right scope of messaging.
The customers’ loyalty is largely based on several principles. They ensure that this feeling will be formed in the consciousness of the client. Namely, these are:
- Constant contact. As we would love to establish the emotional connection with a member of our family, we need to keep a constant contact with the client. It allows to establish the relationships quicker and to build the above mentioned loyalty.
- Positive messaging and objective facts. The company talking to its client has to believe in the success of its own business and deliver positive messages to the clients. In case of any difficulties, that may obviously happen with any business, the company has to present to its audience objective facts, subject to objective analysis. This will form the trust and establish understanding.
- Provide regular updates on business activities. Any company is a legal entity that lives similar life to any human being body. In the course of its activity it develops, adapts, fails, succeeds. The insights on these events have to be regularly published. The customers have to have access to the content on corporate news.
- Tie to a client. Providing content on commercial developments and industry news will not create the necessary ties for a fine connection between the company and the client. The client’s loyalty is formed by different factors, that will be discussed further in this article.
- Sharing. The company has to know to share the fruits of its business with the clients. This is done also with the help of loyalty programs. These programs can have many different structures. They have to show that company shares clients’ preferences, passions… A loyalty program is not only a product for free. It is much more, that at the end of the day has to tie a client better to a company.
These principles make it possible to form the loyalty at different groups of consumers. Clients’ loyalty is also deeply tied to the concept of brand awareness and brand loyalty.
Baseline Of Clients’ Loyalty
In the modern economy the choice of the products and services exceeds the expectations of the clients. It makes it harder for a company to catch the attention of the client and to make him or her tied to its particular service or a product.
To better disclose the concept, it is good to understand what forms the clients loyalty. The two basic factors are the basis of it:
- Product. So to say the quality of the product. Consumers want to make sure they buy the good of a higher quality. Product is one of the key, but the only element. Correct marketing mix influences final purchasing decisions and makes consumers feel tied to a brand. Relevant price for a fine product that is sold at the right place with the fine advertisement is what has a big impact on whether the client feels tied to a product or not. Marketing mix elements still appeal only to practical need of the client to buy a better good at better price at a comfortable to reach place. This does not decide for the fact that the person will become loyal to a company. Another factor plays a far important role in formation of a feeling of belonging.
- Values and responsibilities. Corporate values is what drives the business forward and limits or encourages the key corporate decisions. The values are what influence the decision of the client to become a loyal to a specific brand. Each customer has his values, be it attitude to legal commerce, sustainable future or diversity at the working place. The value is what the company wants to achieve as the result of the redundant business activity, and it can not be just a profit.
From the psychological point of view, the loyalty to a brand is more influenced by the degree of involvement of the client to the corporate values.
The above mentioned concepts influence on final purchasing decisions of the customers.
CSR: Sharing With The Community The Corporate Values
Traditionally, many companies communicate its corporate values with the help of Corporate Social Responsibility campaigns. It is quite easy to do and it allows to keep the track of all the ongoing activities.
CSR also has to correlate with the code of conduct. Mission, vision are also tied to CSR activities of the company and the execution of the CSR projects. Showing to the clients the corporate value and communicating them via CSR programs this is what allows to form the loyalty to the brand. If the person becomes loyal to a brand, he can take a purchasing decisions that will be beneficial for a company ad engage constantly.
It takes efforts and financing to get the loyal client but it will allow for a company to get the support of the community and get a stable income over the years. One loyal client is better than many one-time customers for the majority of businesses.
Content Marketing As A Tool To Form The Clients’ Loyalty
Content online is what helps the companies to reach the customers any time, meaning to keep a stable contact with them. It allows to deliver the content and communicates positive messages. The content writing also makes it possible to deliver industry news on the constant basis.
The distribution channels that work for the content marketing allow to reach corporate content from any type of the device, via social media channel or a regular corporate blog.
Content marketing, meaning posting materials, elaboration of interactive campaigns online make it possible to communicate the corporate values and build the loyalty of the clients.